Thursday, April 22, 2010

Mi Bella Ensenada


Mi Bella Ensenada
2612 N.E. 28th Street
All Major CC
8:00 - 9:00pm (7 Days)

Tacos Consumed: Asada
Preference: Asada

When fishing, I often do not overlook places that 'just looks like it should have fish'.

Word on the street is that there is a taco truck on the corner of NE 28th and Sylvania. Upon hearing this, I verified with on of my regular Taco Truck-stops (Beach Street taco truck---a few blocks away). I let him know I would be trying his competitor.

Unfortunately, upon arrival, the Taco Truck was not there. That is the bad news. The good news is that this intersection just looks like it should have tacos. Consequently, I entered the first taqueria I saw--Mi Bella Ensenada.



Upon walking into the establishment I was warmly greeted by the staff who were there ready to take my order. The tacos here are $1.50 each, thus I only ordered three of them, thinking they would be large tacos--I was wrong.

Unfortunately, the tacos were single-wrapped in barely grilled corn tortillas--and pretty much what I consider single-bite tacos. On the plus side, the Asada was very tasty, and my order did come with chips/salsa.



I apologize for the blurry picture---but I promise you are not missing anything special.

I can only give Mi Bella Ensenada three tacos. If you've never been to a taqueria, they will no doubt be the best tacos you've ever eaten, but the $1.50 per taco is way overpriced.

3 comments: