Monday, January 18, 2010

Taco Cabana


Consumed Tacos: Fajita Chicken/Fajita Steak
Preference: Fajita Steak

Believe it or not, I’ve been a long-time fan of Taco Cabana. Mainly because of their location to my house, it’s my quick taco fix when the craving hits me.

While their tacos are no doubt “white-boy” tacos, they do have a distinct flavor. Their fajita meat is actually very good.

The fajita tacos are a bit on the expensive side (1.99 each), but it can be argued they are worth it. The presentation is plain: meat only, wrapped in flour tortillas. While it might improve the tacos to throw some cilantro and onions up in there, the “plain” taco does make Taco Cabana unique.



The tortillas are always very fresh, and there is an abundance of meat they place in them. Their salsa is extremely good, and the steak fajitas has enough spices to give them a kick—thus light salsa is all that is really needed.

I give Taco Cabana three tacos. While they are not authentic, they are tasty and that is really all that matters. Many might be surprised that I put them in the same class with the authentic taquerias around Fort Worth, but a good taco is simply a good taco.

1 comment: