Tuesday, January 12, 2010

El Mil Taco


3910 Hemphill
817-926-3201.
Mon-Thu 9am-10pm, Fri-Sat 9am-4am.
MasterCard, Visa accepted

Consumed Tacos: Asada/Shredded Beef
Preference: Asada

El Mil Taco has been high on my list of places to visit for quite some time due to its attractive facade. While the outside does not have much of the old school charm as do the other taquerias in the area, I was pleasantly surprised that the inside provided much relief in the form of authenticity.

The first thing that struck me was how small the venue is. I must assume there is indeed an upstairs eating area, as downstairs appears to sit no more than 30 people, or at least it appeared as such.


Technically, this is a table service restaurant (i.e., you are serviced by wait-staff). Our waitress, who was very cute, brought us chips and salsa. They were average at best. However, not all places in the Taco Hunt have provided free chips and salsa, so average is better than none.

My lunchmate had already eaten earlier, but wanted to join my in part of the hunt. Consequentlty, I was the only one who ordered food. He missed out. The second I bit into the Asada taco, I made a face. My friend inquired as to whether everything I was okay. I mumbled something about "five taco" taco, but refused to stop eating to talk as I was enjoying them so much.

First and foremost, I think I have to rank these as the BEST tacos I've yet in the Taco Hunt, with El Pollo Palenque being a close second. I ordered two Asada, and two Shredded Beef--as always, in corn tortilas.

The tacos were double-wrapped in perfectly grilled and tasty tortillas. The meat was perfectly augmented with just the right amount cilantro and onions. The flavor of the Asada just exploded in my mouth. The Shredded Beef tacos provided just enough grease to where you knew you were eating some serious tacos, but the grease did not ruin the taste completely.


The tacos were also presented with grilled onions and jalapenos on the side, which I made the most of by including some in almost every bite.

With its trendy facade, walking into El Mil Taco is authentic as it gets with its food, and I personally feel you have not experienced Fort Worth's taco scene until you have tasted El Mil Taco.

4 comments:

  1. My mouth watered while reading your posts. Gotta try these places out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة

    نحن بفضل الله وبفضل ما تبذله الشركة من مجهودات كبيرة وأيضاً بفضلكم أصبحنا من أوائل الشركات التي تعمل على تقديم أفضل الخدمات التي لا يوجد لها مثيل في المملكة العربية السعودية وليس فقط المدينة المنورة، فإذا كنت تعاني من مشكلة تواجد الحشرات في المنزل تسبب لك الإحراج والإزعاج أمام الضيوف، وسئمت من كثرة التجارب للطرق التقليدية التي تحتاج الكثير من المال دون أي جدوى.

    ReplyDelete