Friday, February 18, 2011

Tortas La Hechizera West Side


7905 Camp Bowie West
Fort Worth, TX 76116
MC/Visa Accepted
Mon-Sun 8:00am-9:00pm.
(817) 696-0900

Tacos Consumed: Asada/Shredded Chicken
Preference: Asada


It has been a while since my last review. As I told a friend of mine, I simply became "sick of tacos". I've had quite a bit of requests for an "About me" or "Contact me" section. I've stated before, this website is about Tacos--not me. Consequently, if you do need to reach me---simply leave a comment in the FAQ and I will get back with you.
Back to the hunt....in looking for Carniceria Y Taqueria Dos while on Camp Bowie (still don't know where that place is), I noticed Tortas La Hechizera West Side (henceforth known as 'LaHech'). It's been a while since I enjoyed a taco, so I ventured in.

Upon walking through the doors, I realized I knew this place. This is the same place as La Hechizera in Tacoville. I am not a huge fan of multi-chain taquerias. Regardless, I was in, so I placed my order.


Both tacos were standard tacos. Standard as in "real" tacos (corn tortillas, cilantro, and onions). The shredded chicken taco was quite juicy (always a plus). One good sign of a taco is when you bite into it, juice squirts. Not grease, put simply juice.
La Hech serves open-faced tacos. While this does aid in prepping the taco, the downside is it tends to get cold quickly. I prefer the tacos already folded, and then I can prep if I desire.
All in all, not too bad, but not earth shattering, either. At $1.50 per taco, I feel they are a little over-priced. However, there are not too many taquerias in that area, so if you live/work near there---it's definitely worth a visit for real tacos.

2 comments:

  1. This place is great. I hope you tried the torta dunked in red sauce. Messiest thing I've ever eaten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They seem to be known for their tortas. Honestly, I've never tried one--but someone next to me was eating one and it was huge!

    ReplyDelete